Sign in to follow this  
Carnevil_

Possible to get animation length?

Quick question: Is it possible to get the length of a particular animation within an animation set in DX9? I'm working on a scripting system in a FPS that allows the scripters to specify the duration of an animation. So, to pull this off, I'm trying to speed up/slow down the animation appropriately depending on what the scripter specified. The problem is that I have no idea how much to speed the animation up/down because I don't know the original length of the animation! Is there a way to figure this out, or a better way to do this? Unfortunately, Microsoft's documentation is horrible in this area, and various searches haven't turned up anything :( Thank you!

Quote:

Is it possible to get the length of a particular animation within an animation set in DX9?

you want to know the time that a frame takes, and number of frames. There is a timer that runs and can obtain a frame number on a given milisecond count when you request a frame number . Timer resets and I do not know wheather you reset it explicitly or DX pretends to do it.