Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J_T_Biggs

DDraw Screen Resolution Problem

J_T_Biggs    122
Im not sure whether or not this has been said before cause im new to the forums... and relativly new to direct x also. I''m haveing a problem with my screen resolution. I don''t want it to run out of 640x480. lpDD->SetDisplayMode(640, 480, 16, 0, 0); i want it to read: lpDD->SetDisplayMode(1024, 768, 16, 0, 0); i changed this but it didn''t work right it just made my screen look all funk-a-delic and stuff and none of the bitmaps that i have set loaded. but when i changed the resolution back to 640x480 it worked fine and all the bitmaps were loaded as i wanted them to. ------------------------- J_T_Biggs - 2001

KingsRevenge    168
The only thing I can think of is maybe the resolutaion that you are setting your window for in CreateWindow(). Also make sure that your video card can support a resolution such as 1024 x 768. Thats the only things I can think of.

Eric Wright o0Programmer0o
AcidRain Productions
http://www.acidrainproductions.com

J_T_Biggs    122
I know for a fact that my video card supports the resolution... my createwindow class looks like this:

hWnd = CreateWindow(szClass, // class
szCaption, // caption
WS_VISIBLE|WS_POPUP, // style
0, // left
0, // top
300, // width
200, // height
NULL, // parent window
NULL, // menu
hInstance, // instance
NULL); // parms

-------------------------
J_T_Biggs - 2001

J_T_Biggs    122
Im still looking for help on this... if anyone has ever tried and successfully executed a program with 1024x768 resolution... let me know how you did it please.

-------------------------
J_T_Biggs - 2001

What do you mean when the screen looked "funk-a-delic"? You should get some crazy psychedelic colors if nothing has been drawn to the primary surface, as it is pointing to random memory. I am betting that there is some thing wrong with the way you are loading your bitmaps. Try creating a black bitmap with a 1024x768 size in paint and blitting it to the screen and nothing else. See if that works, and move on from there.