Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3D Model / Map

This topic is 5981 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a quick question about OpenGL. For models and maps in programs what do you use to create the textures / models / maps? And when you create the models are you able to load them as you would a 3D square shape? One more thing, if you load models and can move them around, can you move individual parts of them? I know this is all possible but I don''t know how the models and maps are made originally. Thanks

WorldCraft 3.3->.MAP files
MilkShape -> MD2 models
Wally+PSP -> WADs(textures)

Since MD2 format is well documented you simply load it! what do you mean "are you able to load them as you would a 3D square shape"?

Yes you can move them around, it depends on your 3D coding skills . Because you have all the info about the coordinates you can simply translate the model while keeping track of the animation frames. Just play with them and you''ll see.

Moving individual parts is not a good idea. MD3 supports individual parts but not as individual as you think: upper body, lower body