DirectX 7 Support

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 5 months ago
Im using DX7 and having no problems.

Advertisement
I should have mentioned that it was DX7 under win2000. I have been loath to install DX7 under 98 as DX6.1 seems to work very nicely.

Cheers
Darrin

I've been told that the system font routines do not work under Win2000. Otherwise everything should be fine. You will need to change anything that uses the system font to load a .wfn font instead.

I will be working on DX7 after I finish off 3D Now support. I can't say when DX7 will be done because I haven't started on it, or even looked at the new SDK.

Chris

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Thanks Chris,
It actually doesn't even get to the "Direct3D Options Dialog", in fact I don't even get the flash of the App Starting.
I will try and work it out with a minimal app and let you know what the results are. (I did try to explain to the person that was running it that win2000 is only in Beta, and as such would be pretty crappy still.)
The 3Dnow sounds good (esp since I have an AMD)

BTW anyone have a good method of switching between Fullscreen and Windowed in game. Would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Darrin

I have PR working succesfully on w2000 with tnt beta drivers, and the only modification needed was to install fonts from disk instead of from ROM.
Hi Chris,
I have just been asked about DX7 support, and was wondering how far off this would be.
My Simulator doesn't want to run under SX7 at all.

Cheers
Darrin

Thanks folks,
I will try a few options out. I couldn't even get the rotating cube demo working.

By install fonts from disk, the only fonts I am using are wfn's. What do you mean, install from disk rather than Rom?

Cheers
Darrin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement