OUT OF SCAN RANGE

Started by
0 comments, last by BloodSweatAndCode 22 years, 8 months ago
I recently re-installed all the system software on my hard drive. Now when I run my OpenGL program I get a "OUT OF SCAN RANGE" error on my display monitor. My program switches the display to 640x480x16 full screen mode. I have a Sony Trinitron MultiScan 200ES. I had this problem before but I totally forgot how to fix it. I don''t even have the Sony monitor manual anymore. Can someone help me?
You''re not a programmer until that moment you stop yourself from destroying your computer into a billion- million pieces
Advertisement
This problem can be caused by two things (at least) that come to mind. Either you are running a refresh rate that is not supported by your monitor/card. Or you''re running a resolution that is not supported by the monitor/card. What I reccoment first, is going into advanced display settings opengl sub-system settings and changing the value under v-sync. There is a good chance this will solve the problem. Seeing as it''s with opengl and you ARE using a supported resolution, that is most likely it. Good luck with it.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement