Newbie Question : Pls help me

Started by
2 comments, last by SimplyOphidian 22 years, 8 months ago
I keep getting an Error on all the DirectDraw stuff I try and compile. Could someone pleas help me? I installed the DirectX 8.0 SDK on my computer and set it in Includes/Libraries on the Tools->Options thing. But I still get a buncha errors ..\..\common\include\ddutil.h(44) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''m_pDD'' And the Codes on that line says LPDIRECTDRAW8 m_pDD; It seems to me like some DirectDraw thing isn''t getting included or something.. I dunno.. please help =) -Ophidian
Advertisement
There is no LPDIRECTDRAW8.. It has to be LPDIRECTDRAW or LPDIRECTDRAW7
------------------------------------------------------------I wrote the best video game ever, then I woke up...
It gives me the same error either way
Directwhatever8 is code straight from the SDK

anyone else?

Oph
When you were setting up the library and include paths for the DX8 SDK files in Visual C++, did you also move them to the top of the list? Visual C++ includes an old version of the DX SDK (DX5 I think), and you have to make sure it looks in the mssdk folder first.

Also you have to go into Project->Settings->Link and tell Visual C++ which libs you are using, dxguid.lib, ddraw.lib, d3d8.lib etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement