Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xFiles !!!

This topic is 5986 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can somebody give me a hand on how this .x files really works ? I''ve try the sample and read the documentation but still I can get the hang on it. Isn''t there a good explanation on how this files works??

the x file store the frame and mesh.
you can use CD3DFile to load the x files.and you can control the mesh by CD3DFileObject.
the good sample is Dolphin in DirectSDK.

Now I can load a mesh, but is it true u can load animation also from x files ?? and I can''t find any info how u manipulate (rotate, transform, etc) the mesh .. can somebody give a hand ??
must I do it manually via vertices ??
I''ve tried to make simple animation using 3D Studio ,but the result after conversion was.. ehm.. screwed up ??
Is there any rules that I must follow to make the animation using 3D studio ??

You manipulate all 3d content in D3D, including meshes, with matrices. I believe this is demonstrated in the rotating tiger demo in the SDK.

I don''t know about getting animation from MAX to D3D though, since I haven''t tried it, but I read somewhere it didn''t work correctly. Maybe someone can confirm that?