Point Sprites always underwater?

Started by
1 comment, last by NotTaxes 22 years, 8 months ago
I draw a whole bunch of point sprites, with the Z-buffer disabled (like all the tuts say you should). I am also drawing a patch of water with 50% transparency. No-matter where the sprites are in 3d space, they are blended with the water, making it look like they are always underwater. If Have tried beginscene ... DrawSprites DrawWater ... endscene and BeginScene ... DrawWater DrawSprites ... EndScene and in either case, I get the same results. If make the water totally opaque, then it looks fine but... I don''t want opaque water. The sprites are standard Point Sprites, drawn with variable alpha and the water is just a big rectangle textured with a .dds texture. ''Doing the impossible is kind of fun'' - Walt Disney
'Doing the impossible is kind of fun' - Walt Disney
Advertisement
Im willing to bet that what''s happening is the blending render states etc. you are setting for the water are not NULLified when you draw the sprites, ie they get the blending effects too.
Doh!

Thanks FunkyMunky, that''s pretty much exactly what''s happening! They both use similar renderstates (being transparent and whatnot), but the sprites... ugh.

Cheers,

''Doing the impossible is kind of fun'' - Walt Disney
'Doing the impossible is kind of fun' - Walt Disney

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement