Game Developers Conference 2010

Started by
10 comments, last by Mathew Anderson 14 years, 1 month ago
Date: March 9-13, 2010 City: San Francisco, CA Location: Moscone Convention Center Event Info The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the world’s largest professionals-only game industry event. Presented every spring in San Francisco, it is the essential forum for learning, inspiration, and networking for the creators of computer, console, handheld, mobile, and online games. The GDC attracts over 18,000 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry. The GDC is produced by the Think Services Game Group, a division of United Business Media. Full Event Page

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
There may be changes to this list but so far the GDNet staff/mods who will be attending this year are:

- Sean "Washu" Kent
- Mike "ApochPiQ" Lewis
- Kelly Murdock
- Drew "Gaiiden" Sikora
- Richard "Superpig" Fine
- Ian "The Senshi" Overgard
- Trent "Mittens" Polack
- Tiffany Smith
- Tom Sloper
- Dave "Myopic Rhino" Astle
- Kevin "KHawk" Hawkins
- Promit Roy
- Melissa "FrizzleFry" Astle
- Dave "InoccuousFox" Mark
- Dan "Obscure" Marchant

We'll have a booth again this year as well so everyone please stop by to say hi! We'll be keeping you posted here on any sort of get-together or special giveaways we have for the GDNet community members attending the show. Let us know if you'll be there too

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Poke.

I'll be there for my baby, the AI Summit. After those first two days, who knows if I'll even be alive.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Ooops. That's right [smile] Also, I had to modify the list a bit as some people are teetering on the edge of attendance now and some canceled plans to attend

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

just register for the summit & tutorials pass, woot!
attending the "The 10th Annual Game Design Workshop" tue & wed
staying till saterday
Just registered for the Summit/Tutorial pass myself. iPhone/Indie summits.

Very excited.

Especially since I live in the area now and I don't have to deal with the horrid parking situation (hey, wifey, could you drop me off in the city? kthx)
Be sure to stop by the booth guys! We'll be showing off the new site

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I mainly lurk here, but I will be attending this year (2nd time, went in 2008 as well), again as a student just trying to learn and pick things up. Will be there all week, getting in on Monday night. Looking forward to maybe meeting one or two of you while there.
Whooo!!! We've just announced our GDNet GDC mixer happening Friday night!

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Excited about the mixer on Friday. My first time at GDC but also am excited for the parties on Wed Night and the Wild Pockets Party Bus that is going between them and returning to the hotels. www.wildpockets.com/partybus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement