Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derilect101

Head Node

Derilect101    122
On Quake 2 map how do you know which one is the head node...I''ve looked at other bsp renders mostly Quake 1 and theres a struct called models that contains a head node and as far as I know Q2 doesnt have that struct. So any help on how to find it and render tips if ya have any I think I can figure it out myself then.

Derilect101    122
ok stupid question on my part sorry I was reading through the flipcode Q2 level tutorial again for like the 100th time to make sure I''m understanding it and a lil blurb I totally missed "The nodes are stored as an array in the node lump, where the first element is the root of the BSP tree. The format of a node is the bsp_node structure: " so that answered my ? Node[0] = root ok I just wanna confirm what I know cuz I dont think I''m right so if you could just point and laugh at me and yell wrong be much appreciated maybe some help of what I am wrong about . Ok start by finding the node the camera is in by starting at the root node then do you take the plane from that node do a get the dot product from taking the plane normal * camera angle - distance and if the result is > 0 move to the front node if < 0 to the back child and if == then thats the place where the camera is? I''ve read lots of tutorials something just isn''t clicking right with me for some reason. plz help