[C#] Problems with SytemWindows.Forms.Design

Started by
7 comments, last by Andy474 14 years, 3 months ago
Hi there, I am trying to use AdvangedDataGridView from MSDN Advanced Tree Grid View and i have the following problem ....

[System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategory("code"),
    Designer(typeof(System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner)),
	ComplexBindingProperties(),
    Docking(DockingBehavior.Ask)]

is the code supplied ... however [System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner] Does not Exist apparently. Also.

[Category("Data"),
		 Description("The collection of root nodes in the treelist."),
		 DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content),
		 Editor(typeof(CollectionEditor), typeof(UITypeEditor))]

Again CollectionEditor Does not exist .... i have the correct namespaces referenced. however in the System.Windows.Forms.Design namespace these two do not exist ... was this built for an older version of the .NET framework? any advice? Thanks :-)
Advertisement
I downloaded the code and fired it up into Visual Studios 2009 and let it upgrade the solution and was able to build and run the project without making any changes what so ever.
Its not a bug, its a feature!!
hummm.

Well im using MSVC# 2008 i Downloaded the code from the website, opened it. copied the code files across to my project and ran and got these errors.

I cannot convert it ALWAYS fails :(
I'm sorry I meant I fired it up in Visual Studios 2008, but I will try to just copy those files into a new project and see where I get.
Add a reference to the assembly System.Design in your project. That will fix it.
ummm ok that might be my problem.
I try adding the following at the top of my code

using System.Design

however, Iniellisense tells me its not there :S so i added the Reference into the project.

However ... i still cannot find

[System.Windows.Forms.ControlDesigner]
No, I mean add a reference through right clicking on your Reference folder in your solution tree and click add reference and select System.Design
yea sorry, just realised what you mean and re updated my post above as you replied :)

i did that but i still cannot find

[System.Windows.Forms.ControlDesigner]
ahh xD stupid me ehhe was trying to do that all i needed to do was get rid of

[System.Windows.Forms.]ControlDesigner and it found it ... thanks guys for all the quick replies ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement