Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andre Luiz Silva

Mouse Acquire Error

I am using C++ Builder 5 and I´ve been successfull creating a device for the keyboard and joysticks but this one is not working... Can anyone see any error in this short idiot code:

HRESULT hr;

hr = DInput->CreateDevice(GUID_SysMouse, &didMouse, NULL);

hr = didMouse->SetDataFormat( &c_dfDIMouse );

hr = didMouse->SetCooperativeLevel( FormHandle, DISCL_FOREGROUND | DISCL_EXCLUSIVE );

hr = didMouse->Acquire();

DInput is a valid pointer to a DirectInput8 interface... didMouse is a pointer to a DIRECTINPUTDEVICE8 FormHandle is the handle of the main form of my application... I am getting a DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO when trying to acquire the mouse... "- To begin with, said the Cat, a dog''s not mad. You grant that? - I suppose so, said Alice. - Well, then, - the Cat went on - you see, a dog growls when it''s angry, and wags its tail when it''s pleased. Now I growl when I''m pleased, and wag my tail when I''m angry. Therefore I''m mad."

Funkymunky    1413
This error can be returned when an application has only foreground access to a device but is attempting to acquire the device while in the background. Is your window created yet?

quote:
Original post by Funkymunky
This error can be returned when an application has only foreground access to a device but is attempting to acquire the device while in the background. Is your window created yet?

Yes, the window is already created. I am writing an engine and the keyboard and joystick code are both working fine. Now I´ve decided to write code for the mouse and it is not working...

Also, I am using DirectX 8.0. Should I download the 8.0a version?

André

"- To begin with, said the Cat, a dog''s not mad. You grant that?
- I suppose so, said Alice.
- Well, then, - the Cat went on - you see, a dog growls when it''s angry, and wags its tail when it''s pleased. Now I growl when I''m pleased, and wag my tail when I''m angry. Therefore I''m mad."

I´ve discovered that my dinput code was correct, but there was an error at the DirectDraw creation part...

Thank you very much for replaying Funkymunky

André

"- To begin with, said the Cat, a dog''s not mad. You grant that?
- I suppose so, said Alice.
- Well, then, - the Cat went on - you see, a dog growls when it''s angry, and wags its tail when it''s pleased. Now I growl when I''m pleased, and wag my tail when I''m angry. Therefore I''m mad."