Anyone know what happened to TyphoonLabs and Shader Designer?

Started by
5 comments, last by MarkS 14 years, 2 months ago
I've been trying to find a working copy of this software, but so far, nothing. TyphoonLab's site is dead and the only downloadable version of the software (off of OpenGL.org) crashes on startup in XP and Windows 7. I've downloaded RenderMonkey, but this is far more complicated than what I need.

No, I am not a professional programmer. I'm just a hobbyist having fun...

Advertisement
Have you tried NVidia's shader authoring tool?
The only thing I can find on nVidia's site that might be along these lines is their FX Composer. However, it only supports HLSL, COLLADA FX Cg and CgFX shading languages, not GLSL.

I don't know what happened with Typhoon. I was a beta tester a long time ago. I no longer have it.
But I am a RenderMonkey user. It is easy to use. Any questions?

There is also Lumina
http://lumina.sourceforge.net/
and it has Windows and Linux support.
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
I played around with RenderMonkey last night. I found it surprisingly easy to use. I just find it a shame that I must use an ATi utility on an nVidia graphics card.

Quote:Original post by maspeir
I played around with RenderMonkey last night. I found it surprisingly easy to use. I just find it a shame that I must use an ATi utility on an nVidia graphics card.

What? Use whatever tool fits the job, no matter where it comes from.

Shader designer is dead, it was announced on the TyphoonLab's site before it went offline. Lumina is another interesting choice, but I don't know how mature it is.

However, I've found RenderMonkey to be by far the best tool for this job.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

Quote:Original post by Fiddler
Quote:Original post by maspeir

What? Use whatever tool fits the job, no matter where it comes from.

Shader designer is dead, it was announced on the TyphoonLab's site before it went offline. Lumina is another interesting choice, but I don't know how mature it is.

However, I've found RenderMonkey to be by far the best tool for this job.

That was more of a lament on nVidia's lack of developer tools and demos, in comparison to ATi.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement