DirectX 8 and Maya 4.0

Started by
3 comments, last by MikeH 22 years, 8 months ago
Folks, I was wondering your thoughts on the best way to import a Maya 4.0 file into a directx program... Is there a convertor program to convert a MAYA 4.0 file to a .x file? Is there a better way then converting a file (a set of libraries to use). Thanks in advance for your help! MikeH
Advertisement
I recently scored a copy of Maya 4.0 too
the program is the ass-kicker, but it only exports to Maya Binary format or Maya Acsii !

I can''t even get my creations into standard .3DS format so I can''t even convert with conv3ds

i also downloaded the maya exporting plugin from msdn but it was for 3.0 only and didn''t work with 4.0
i dont know if it is me that doesn''t know how to install a plugin or if the program just dont work

is there a plugin for maya 4 that will let me export to .3ds, or more preferably .x ?
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"
ascii formats are usually very easy to read. The best way to figure out the format is to save a simple object like a cube, then take a look at the file in wordpad. It took me about 10 minutes an hour to figure out the 3DS ASE format like this.

www.elf-stone.com

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

But im WAAAAAYYYYYY to lazy to make my own exporter. I just want to know if there is another one out there.

Are there any exporting plugins on the wavefront web site?
(i dont care which format, anything is better than .mb or .ma
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"
The source for the .x file exporters for Max and Maya is included on the dx8 CD under extras. You have to get it off of the cd, it will not be included as part of the normal SDK installation. It probably wouldn''t be too difficult to rebuild this using the Maya 4.0 SDK. Someone may have already done it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement