Garage Developers International comments

Started by
28 comments, last by cbeek 22 years, 8 months ago
I am considering submitting a side-scrolling platform game to garage developers international. has anyone worked with this company? I would love to hear more about them. any information will be greatly appreciated. thank you much. cbeek
cbeek
Advertisement
Garagedeveloper is not a real publisher.
There WEBSITE looks VERY bad. More of an amateur, just like Crystal ..... Don''t expect much.

The look of the site doesn''t really matter if they''re not a publisher. All that matters is that people buy stuff from them.

What are their policies?

Ben
www.icarusindie.com
Actually they''re just a front end for DigiBuy. If DigiBuy will sell your game, then you can go to GarageDevelopers and ask them to promote it as well. They just refer sales. They don''t actually handle anything.

Ben
http://www.icarusindie.com
Garagedeveloper isn''t a retail publisher first of all.
As an internet publisher it doesn''t look very well, when you enters the internet site. That''s my first impression.
Also they aren''t well known on the internet, Realarcade is very well known.

Digibuy handles sales for garagedeveloper just like Digital river is a sales service.
Realarcade uses there own sales system and also they give there programm realarcade free to internet users. So download time of a demo or full game is faster when you use this programm also there is always up to date news and patches etc. A Forum for your game etc.

Garagedeveloper isn''t looking any professional when I compare it to realarcade. That is my conclusion. It''s the same way as the guy of pcgamesforyou.com. I don''t want to offend anybody.

I also played some demo''s of garagedeveloper and the qualiy of there games is mostly very bad.
Also they doesn''t got much games in there productline.
Realarcade gots very much games of different genres in there productline.

Try Realarcade as the internet publisher.
Look at the other topic Realarcade. If you need more info.
they only sell through digibuy.
not on the other the e-tail sites they mention.
I checked it, but didn''t find one game.
first of all before this turns into some sort of bash fest similar to the alex/crystal software.com thing...

no i''m not a retail publisher.

yes i''m an online publisher.

i initially published my space invaders clone through crystal interactive. they didn''t do anything with it(that''s all i have to say on that subject) and noone else would publish it. so i decided that i would sign up with DR.
you may go onto any of the sites that DR supplies and search on
GLIPS Entertainment in the electronic downloads sections.
two games will come up in the searches.
The Millennium Invaders Invasion and Gunocide 2.

i signed up with digital river after i''d seen them on market watch on cnbc a couple years back, when they did an IPO.
the choice was either them or netsales, which digital river wound up buying out.

i started online publishing because many developers do not have
a credit card to get an e-commerce account. i thought that this
would be a good way to allow developers that access and simply
split the sales evenly for each sale.

i even host a non-published game on my site. i did that because
that developer had already took it upon himself to setup his own
payment system(he uses softwrap). he asked some advice and i offered to host his game in an effort to get hime some kind of exposure even though he didn''t need credit services through me.
but since my site is so crappy i
guess that pretty takes care of itself......

my space invaders game...although it''s pretty old and admittedly
not that great by today''s standards.....it does sell.

digibuy.com serves one purpose and digital river serves another.

i initially chose digital river because of who they have relationships with....and that''s where my game has been listed.
outpost.com, egghead.com, compusa.com
i''m in the process of updating my account with
additional games but it''s a big process being one person.....

i signed on with digibuy simply because of their service(easy
quick card processing.

at the time these two options were cheaper than getting a merchant''s account, which i''m in the process of doing now.

so to boil it all down.....
i simply offer developers an opportunity to get their products in
front of customers by piggy backing off what i already have in
place....that may be amateurish to some and my site may not look
all that great....i do not mind the sentiment.

i''m not here to impress anyone.
my site doesn''t look like realarcade.com''s but....
i concieved and implemented everything myself, by myself because i felt developers needed a service catering to them.

i came with a different idea on things, and that was
to try and help other developers by offering a simple
service that does some of the work
that they can''t do themselves even after people told me i
was stupid for it. my head is still upright.

imagine that.

GLIPS Entertainment, Inc.
http://www.glipsent.com/

GarageDeveloper International
http://www.garagedeveloper.com/

IndieGarageWare.com
http://www.IndieGarageWare.com/

My thoughts...

Anyone that takes it upon themselves to help about the game development community as a whole is a good thing (whether they also make profit directly because of it or not)

No-one is saying that you have to use Garage Developers. Take a look at the actual question in hand.
has anyone worked with this company? I would love to hear more about them. any information will be greatly appreciated. thank you much.

Rather it just seems to be another attack...
Guys, maybe the less we complain, the more other people may be willing to help out, because you have to admit it, these things can also benefit developers too - its not like multinational million dollar companies trying to take every last cent from us is it... ???

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
Thanks for all of the replys, especially the one from the developer of garagedevelopers international. I really like the fact that you have gone to all of this work for the community. I would still like to have a little more information about how successful you are with selling games. Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

cbeek
cbeek
The space invader game looks like shit.
In the early arcade days space invader was a much better game, which was nice to play. So I don''t compare it too todays requirements.

I would go for realnetworks, they sell very much more then digibuy or others.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement