Driveobject Example problem

Started by
6 comments, last by Dave Kelly 22 years, 8 months ago
When executing the driveobject example I get strange visual artifacts and cannot see the car at all. There appears to be a series of shaded, coloured polygons drawing to a point in the top left corner of the display. Hardware Intel P3 700mhz, 380mb ram Matrox G400 twinhead Win 98 DirectX 8 regards Dave Edited by - Dave Kelly on July 31, 2001 6:17:20 AM
Advertisement
Oh I also get very occasional ''flicks'' of colour similar to this on the simpleland demo too. In that case it usually looks like a shaft of light coming in from the top left. I''ll try get a shot of that too.

Dave
Here are a couple of the effects I see in the simple land demo. The artifacts are heavily visible while coming up through the higher parts of the corridor and then some outside.

regards

Dave

Edited by - Dave Kelly on July 31, 2001 6:29:25 AM

it could be due to the driver not supporting directx well.

what is the driver you are using for your G400 ?
does it support directx 8 ?
I haven''t notice this problem with G400 but I got those with An Ati Rage
..the problem with simpleland demo...is occuring with ships..that aren''t correctly displayed...
(but collision are ok)
Seems to be a problem with Drivers ...but....why only with ships???
I don''t really know :o
Le t me know if you find the solution
Zefinder Lost in France

PS: Amadrias t''as eu mon mail? (Juste pour vérifier si c bon)
It could possibly be a driver problem - the drivers I am using are 4.11.01.1250 which is very old. Unfortunately for me every driver version since then locks up my system completely despite many long conversations with matrox. It seems to be some kind of incompatability between my main board and AGP card.

The mainboard is a Soyo 7VCA socket 370 running a VIA VT82C694X chipset. Originally I bought a DeForce card but that was so unstable it was unusable. I understand there are some issues with certain VIA chipsets and I seem to be the victim of this. If anyone could offer any suggestions as to any good board replacements or combinations that work together well I would appreciate them.

I''m not sure if it is this that is causing the problem above though. Certainly all the DX8 diagnostics etc. seem to work okay.

regards

Dave
That is a driver problem. I had this myself when I was using a G400 and reported it to them. It was fixed up in newer drivers.
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Thanks for the information Chris, it stops me looking elsewhere for problems. Does anyone know of a main board/video card combination that works well with a p3?

Anyone have any information on the following cards (esp. with my main board)
32Mb Radeon (DDR)
32Mb Radeon VE
64Mb Radeon VIVO OEM

I could go for a GeForce but as mentioned earlier I tried on and it wouldnt work on this system. Are the later ones any better for compatability?

regards

Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement