• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enrico72

Chris i have a question!

This topic is 6200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry Chris, i have a question: When i launch LandscapeStudio 4.0 (pr4 beta 8), and load the world1.lpj, the water and the bsp showned are incorrect, when i observe them from high, they flicker in a strange manner, and when i observe them from high altitude, the terrain map below flicker and show strange white poligons. This happens only with lstudio and the simpleland example, and only when i put water on the landscape... i wonder why Please answer me, sorry for this question Chris I have dx8a a Riva Geforce2 and windows ME

Advertisement
That is from lack of zbuffer precision. Use 32 bit color/zbuffering if you aren''t already.

It''s also caused by having the near and far clip planes too far apart. I plan on adding a feature to LStudio that lets you change these in the editor so you can make it look better.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!