Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc_Holiday

Exchange: VB 6 Compiler for Visual C++ Compiler

Doc_Holiday    122
Well like I said, I´m searching for the Visual C++ Compiler to beginn coding demos I could offer a VB 6 Compiler or DivX Movies if someone has a intrest please send a mail to doc_trading@hotmail.com Thx Doc

richardve    122
Why are the moderators not doing their job?

(ie. close or remove this post, remove the e-mail adress, ban this looser, flame him , blablah)

Oh, almost forgot.. Doc... you suck!

(please sent flames/bombs/viruses/trojan cows to the e-mail adress listed in my profile, thanks )

Roach    388
richardve,

What crawled up your @ss? The guy asked a simple question - lighten up a little bit. It''s not like he was asking for WAREZ. He wanted to trade, and I see nothing really wrong with that. If it is against the rules of this board then the moderators will take care of it and close the thread if they so choose. There is no need to flame some one over a question or a request.

So - shut up and deal with your own problems (I''m sure you have many). Let the Moderators do there job. Unfortunitly Jeff (NeHe) doesn''t moderate these boards too often, but someone like ShiningKnight or Myopic Rhino will take care of the problem.

If you want a flame war - head over to the lounge, I''m sure the regulars will be more than happy to flame you.

Roach

richardve    122
lighten up a little bit. It''s not like he was asking for WAREZ. He wanted to trade, and I see nothing really wrong with that.

Trading or warez, it''s all about the same.. getting things for free...

Okay, I should have said it in another (more friendly) way but he''s still asking for an illegal program.. that''s a fact.

Excuse me for being such an @sshole but I just don''t like the way how Doc is asking for that VC++ compiler and I don''t think he bought those DivX movies himself either...

If you want a flame war - head over to the lounge, I''m sure the regulars will be more than happy to flame you.

No, I don''t want a flame war (actually I flame rarely), I just want that people pay for their needed programs instead of trading/warezzing it.
(yes, I''ve bought my own version of VC6, Win2K and a lot of other programs)

Again, I''m sorry for that flame but it just annoys me like hell that I''ve got to pay for my stuff and somebody else not by using it illegal.

ATronic    122
There is a difference between an exchange of goods and the reproduction and distribution of goods. Therefore, trading IS different. BTW Doc, I doubt anyone wants to make that kinda trade. A C++ Compiler is a little better in my opinion. If you just want to start coding, you may be able to get an introductory edition from microsoft for little or nothing.You are not alowed to distribute what you make, and it says so at the begining of compiled programs, but it would let you make programs in c++ until you could aquire a full version. The intoductory edition is full featured other than that message at the beginning of compiled programs. Hope this helps.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"

Julio    116
quote:

There is a difference between an exchange of goods and the reproduction and distribution of goods.

yes, but it''s still not legal
quote:

A C++ Compiler is a little better in my opinion.

that''s an educated statement.

go to amazon.com and buy Visual C++ Standard Edition for $80. That''s cheap. If you don''t want to buy it download Dev-C++. It''s not as god as Visual C++ but it''s pretty darn good.

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they just declare drakness as a new standard.

richardve    122
quote:
Original post by ATronic
There is a difference between an exchange of goods and the reproduction and distribution of goods. Therefore, trading IS different.

Okay, let''s say that trading _is_ different.. BUT how do those people get their copies of those programs they''re trading?

I don''t think that people who''ve spend many dollars for a program are going to trade it...

Hmmz.. now that I''ve read my first post some more times it does seem to be a bit too agressive... sorry about that..

dirtypope    122
actually, i beleive in the doc it says that if you sell/trade/give away the program you have to give all the cd''s books everything that came with it, and remove it from your hard drive, so if he is talking about trading MSVB6 for MSVC++ 6 they would ship each other the cd''s and remove the program that they traded away from their comps, then it is perfectly leagal, but is it a fair trade... thats an entirely new post =P

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Oh god dont wanted to start a war here.

To the one who wants to flame me, start over, dont belive cause I dont have a MS Visual C++ compiler I couldn´t help me with "liitle wannabe Hackers like you - sendig trojans - how lame" so don´t fuck me up cause I didn´t. I´m probably more informed in the things you are talking about then you.

To the topic, well I´m a poor pupil and I can´t buy a multi hundred dollar programm.

but its o.k let it down I´m trying to use another compiler...

Take care Doc

ATronic    122
Get codewarrior learners edition. It''s only like 50 and works very well. Not as well as the professional edition, but well enough. But like I said, check out vc++ intro. ed.

Good luck.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"

InFerN0    122
If you are a student you can get software cheap. Look at a university near you. Most of the time they won''t bother checking to see if you have a college ID. If you are in high school you may be able to get it through the schools software distributer. Talk to your teacher.

InFerN0

Not all who wander are lost...

cone3d    150
If you haven''t got the $$$ to buy VC then look at some alternatives. Try gcc for example. It''s completly free, even open-source. It is a linux compiler, but there''s a windows version also available. Check out my site. It has a tutorial about getting gcc working in windows. Hope this helps.

PS. piracy sux. Use linux, it''s free.

---

cone3d

http://cone3d.gz.ee
-> soon http://cone3d.gamedev.net