Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with Pixel Collision Detection - In Direct X8

This topic is 5983 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Allright so I learned Dx7 about 2 weeks ago and begin programing this 2d game using DirectDraw, I had one big surface that I blitted lots of tiles on to and used this as a background map, then displayed only the portion of the surface that I wanted to the screen. Then I found out about DX8 and said wait why am I learning outdated material. So I rewrote all the code to Dx8 standards, but now I can not find a way of getting the similar pixel collision detection in DX8. Because instead of having one large surface I am actually drawing each square, (that previous would have been blited to the surface) with it's own texture on it, on the screen. So basicly I have a group of 30 x 20 squares drawn on the screen, and then one square that represents the ship drawn on top of the map. Anyway to do pixel collision detection on this? ANY examples would be appreciated -=Lopton=- BY THE WAY I AM USING VISUAL BASIC 6 Edited by - Lopton on July 31, 2001 5:21:00 PM