mmsystem.lib

Started by
3 comments, last by Programinator 22 years, 8 months ago
I''ve read about other people with similar problems with mmsystem.lib. For me, apparently I don''t have the library. I searched for it on my computer and it does not exist. I have DX 8.0a, as well as MSVC 6. I try to compile with it in my linker section and I get a compiler error. The book says I need it for dxutil.h to work.... However, when I take it out of my linker section my program compiles and runs just fine. Should I be worried about the fact that I apparently don''t need a file that I''m supposed to need? Where does this file come from? Is it part of Windows, MSVC or does it come with DirectX? I''m running Win2kPro, if that helps answer any of my questions. Thanks.
I'll be back.---------------------Supervisor: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...John McClane: No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I''m ordering a pizza?
Advertisement
That library is only needed for the timing or PlaySound functions. Not for DX8 itself. As long as you dont need those functions, just leave it out.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Hey cool, thanks. Your book is awsome!

Where can I get this library in case I need it later?

Thanks.
I'll be back.---------------------Supervisor: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...John McClane: No fucking shit, lady! Do I sound like I''m ordering a pizza?
Actually, the header name is misleading. You need to be looking for the winmm.lib library file. You should have it with your compiler.

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement