Sign in to follow this  
rouncED

MegaTexturing in a week (2 weeks tops)

rouncED    103
Ive plotted the first texture, every texel is unique, but its all noise at the moment cause I didnt get the chance to finish it cause it started failing at random... I sorta have to fix that first before I can get the whole thing textured.

patw    223
A few years back I was doing an NVIDA demo for the GDC launch of the FX cards (shader 2.0! woo! we were excited.) and was trying to get proper shader support into the material system. At one point I excitedly called the marketing guy over and exclaimed, "It's a shader!" to which he said, "It's...a black triangle." I replied that I could make it red with just a few keystrokes. He was still not impressed.

rouncED    103
Itll look better once the whole things done... maybe it was too early to post :) (patw you made me laugh!! hehe)
I guess everyones seen textures before, not very amazing - I would be doing displacement mapping but my little brother wouldnt have any of it, he said "if you dont make your game textures only, im not going to help you with any of it" so I decided to make it old school textured, and now im getting really great feedback, and now hes completely gone off helping me anyway... doesnt matter...

If I continue with this thread, next shots will be after ive done a little 3d painting in program on the surface, but maybe no one cares. hehe

Someones gotta agree itll be nice once the whole environments finished every texel painted.

Megatexturings not that hard to get going, but it seems to be tricky getting it to look good, maybe i better wait till ive got it all done and im up to baking hardcore offline radiosity into the unique texels- then i might get a flood of replys, especially if it looks real. :)