Sign in to follow this  
mythcat

resize on fullscreen with glutGameModeString

I use glutGameModeString to enter on fullscreen ( see code). My resolution is: xrandr | grep '*' 1280x1024 50.0* 51.0 When switching between full-screen and windowed modes,the size of screen it not changing on full display. So on fullscreen the window size is only 600X400 without resizing on full screen. The code is: if glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_ACTIVE): return # already in game mode glutGameModeString("600x400:16@60") if glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE): self.clear_gl_callbacks() glutEnterGameMode() self.initialize_gl_context() Thank you .

I have a feeling the GLUT game mode stuff doesn't work properly. I'm afraid I don't know precisely what the problem might be but I do remember trying to use it before and not getting it to work properly on certain platforms. The problem sounds similar: on setting fullscreen the screen resolution would not change and it would look like nothing had happened, except the mouse disappeared.

If you continue to have problems I would look into SDL as an alternative to GLUT; it's more reliable in my experience and a bit more up to date too.