• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mythcat

resize on fullscreen with glutGameModeString

This topic is 3060 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I use glutGameModeString to enter on fullscreen ( see code). My resolution is: xrandr | grep '*' 1280x1024 50.0* 51.0 When switching between full-screen and windowed modes,the size of screen it not changing on full display. So on fullscreen the window size is only 600X400 without resizing on full screen. The code is: if glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_ACTIVE): return # already in game mode glutGameModeString("600x400:16@60") if glutGameModeGet(GLUT_GAME_MODE_POSSIBLE): self.clear_gl_callbacks() glutEnterGameMode() self.initialize_gl_context() Thank you .

Advertisement
I have a feeling the GLUT game mode stuff doesn't work properly. I'm afraid I don't know precisely what the problem might be but I do remember trying to use it before and not getting it to work properly on certain platforms. The problem sounds similar: on setting fullscreen the screen resolution would not change and it would look like nothing had happened, except the mouse disappeared.

If you continue to have problems I would look into SDL as an alternative to GLUT; it's more reliable in my experience and a bit more up to date too.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!