realmcrafter well u gota read to understand :D

Started by
6 comments, last by Kelly G 14 years, 2 months ago
i have researched some more on game developement and game up with realmcrafter from what i see even people with hardly any previous mmo experience can begin to develope games with this and make fun 3d and 2d games even if they have never learned a programming language thena gaini am probly totally wrong anyone want to clear up my issues xD
Advertisement
oops forgot to include:

i jsut feel if i took the time to learn how to make games from scratch in java and put effort and time into learning the language it would succeed realmcrafter

just looking for oppinions :D

TY!
Quote:Original post by sunjavathehut
xD
When I see anime-emoticons used as punctuation, I assume the poster is a hyper-active, know nothing, 11 year old. You won't get many replies like that.

RealmCrafter is fine if you want to mod it to make a small MMO type game for fun.

Otherwise, I suggest you learn to program, and pick up C# / and XNA Game Studio later on.

As far as outdoing Realmcrafter. Making a game like that takes a lot of time, money, and talent. You need talented designers, programmers, artists, musicians, etc. You can wear one or more of those hats, but you are going to have to put all the time in to get any good at them.
There's a demo you can download. It's limited to ten days, which is hardly any time at all for something like this, but maybe you can get an idea of what it's capable of.

Some things to consider:

I've noticed that game engine demos often come with a lot of carefully sculpted assets and tutorials that make the engine appear to be very capable and easy to use, so be critical. remember to really think about what it is that you want to create and how difficult it might be when you start to try and do things your own way. It looks like the product is expensive for an amateur developer so be sure it has the features and customization that you need.

Also, many times when they say you can make an entire game without coding, it usually means you can make a very simple, derived game without coding. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to create whatever you want without coding. Good engines usually come with a scripting option because it's typically the only way that developers can get the engine to really do what they want.

Also, even if you have a good engine, don't underestimate the difficulty of creating assets. Making 3-D models and texture images is very time-consuming for even a skilled artist. If you closely examine a typical commercial MMO like world of Warcraft you'll find that it has many thousands of models and images.
so basically what you are saying is that i should pick up java and know it to create games instead ot taking the easy way out and making a mmo or game with realmcrafter because something i make from scratch using a different engine and my own models will be better tan realmcrafter
i just want to make a small pvp vehicle game fulyl customizable sucha s the flash game robot rage but more features and fun and options ect robot rage on steroid but not like it if u know what i meen i jsut thought realmcrafter had multiplayer capabilities and server capabilities im kind of confused.
Quote:Original post by sunjavathehut
i just want to make a small pvp vehicle game fulyl customizable sucha s the flash game robot rage but more features and fun and options ect robot rage on steroid but not like it if u know what i meen i jsut thought realmcrafter had multiplayer capabilities and server capabilities im kind of confused.

Sounds like a Unity3D job.
Quote:
so basically what you are saying is that i should pick up java and know it to create games instead ot taking the easy way out and making a mmo or game with realmcrafter because something i make from scratch using a different engine and my own models will be better tan realmcrafter

Not necessarily! I was simply trying to point-out that using a pre-existing engine will not eliminate all of the work in making the game you want, possibly including learning to program. You should still try the demo to see if it's what you need. You may find that it has many useful resources that will help you, but you will probably need to learn some sort of programming at some point, no matter which path you take.

Also Daaark recommended Unity3D. I recommend trying that also, because it's now free to use so you have nothing to lose. Additionally, I've seen an engine called 3D Rad that is also free, as far as I know, and has a vehicle game tutorial that you may be able to modify.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement