what is Deferred rendering????

Started by
17 comments, last by bruteostrich 14 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone know the exact definition and explanation of the term "Deferred rendering?? Thank you
Advertisement
An algorithm for creating a render loop with O(object_count + light_count) complexity
  • . Dunno about a formal definition, how exact do you require?

As for an explanation, this presentation is pretty good.

• As opposed to O(object_count * light_count) complexity in the forward rendering loop.
  • I need orninalna definition, ie the definition of this term.
    This definition we need to work from Semester course "Computer Graphics".
    Also I need an explanation and definition of words.
    Ah, home work. Well, people here wont just give you the answer [smile] (not that there is likely to be one to such an open question.) So time to flex your research muscle.

Have you tried google, wikipedia? Deferred Shading will probably give you better results than Deferred Rendering.

Any specific questions about the algorithm?
    :)
    Of course I use Google and Wikipedia.

I understand that the "Deferred rendering" is a technique (method) for the rendering of lighting.
    Ie, a technique (method) to calculate the color pixels in the scene depending on the lighting and objects in the scene.
    Is this true?
    I'm interested in:
    1) algorithm.
    2) Advantages
    3) Disadvantages

Thank you

It might help to realize that deferred rendering isn't tied to a specific lighting technique or term in the lighting equation. It's just an alternative way to do your rendering in that you use an intermediate buffer to blend your lights instead of re-rendering your geometry for each light pass.

But as Promethium said, an open question such as this just calls for research to find the answers you need.
    Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
    I'm interested in:
    1) algorithm.
    2) Advantages

Thank you
    Quote:Original post by markoraca
    I'm interested in:
    1) algorithm.
    2) Advantages
    3) Disadvantages

1) algorithm
    2) Advantages
    3) Disadvantages

Quote:Thank you

Il n'y a pas de quoi.

Quote:orninalna definition

What exactly do you mean by "orninalna"?
    Ok.
    And what is the difference between "Deferred shading" and "Deferred rendering?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement