[SLIMDX] Device Lost Management

Started by
1 comment, last by Monza 14 years, 2 months ago
I've been using SLIMDX in VB.NET for sometime with good success on a CAD / Engineering application. The only thing I'm struggling with is the Device management, particularly detecting, capturing and recovering from Device Lost events (caused by PC screensavers, suspends etc) I currently run a global D3D9 device, with a heap of Try > Catch > End Try routines. It works, but it's ugly and seems to cause memory leaks after reseting / rebuilding the device, and doesn't work on some video cards. The SlimDX game framework in the SDK works OK in the demos, but (no offence to the SlimDX guys) the system seems complex, difficult to pull apart and unsuited for my app (basically load up a heap of fixed pipe geometry objects and force a render when complete) Sorry for the vague question, but any advice on simple steps (or pseudo code) I need to create and manage my Device better?
Advertisement
The framework in the release of SlimDX you're using has been deprecated and removed; the new sample framework (in the current SVN builds) has an example of lost device handling that may be a bit clearer.
Yes - the framework is much clearer. Thanks for the pointer. I look forward to the next release.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement