where else would i be able to work?

Started by
3 comments, last by google_me 14 years, 2 months ago
hi, I recently graduated in 2009 with bachelors of computer application degree.Now i have decided to do my masters in game development.Is it true that many people leave the game industry after some years or so?Where else would i be able to work with the masters in game programming? incase i want to leave game industry. Thx :)
Advertisement
Well one of the main reasons people leave is the time and effort the "job" requires. Also, game programming demands a high level of skill set and marriage of computing, math and physics. Added to that is the art aspect of it. If you spend time in the industry you should be more than able, with little training to access other parts of the technology field.

Reasons why you should stay, is precisely the fact that you get to have the science and art coming perfectly together!
"Would my degree be applicable outside the industry" is a "breaking into the games industry" question, so I'm moving this to that forum.

Don't worry about the applicability of a degree you're passionate about taking. Just take it. Your life will sort itself out just fine.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

hmmmmm.... thanks for replyin.
That helped.

[Edited by - google_me on February 10, 2010 12:21:08 PM]
I also want to know top 5 game design schools in US. Is joining a game design school in UK is as good as in US?
I looked for requirement in USC as well. I dun have a 4 year degree.. ihave 3 year :( .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement