Sign in to follow this  
rajesh msen

Projectile help

Hi to all, I tried to do cannon projectiles for a game.I know the destination point where the cannon should land and also have a option of selecting the speed it travels say from 80 Kph to 100 Kph.I need to know the angle.How can i find the angle (theta) for the projectile .MY Launching position is higher than the landing position.Please help me fix this.Thanks in Advance ---Rajesh---

Hi thank you for your reply guys,
I need the angle of elevation.I know the launch point its greater than the target,I know the destination point where it should land,i know the speed it travels(its option for users to select the speed between (60 - 100),I need the angle of elevation to reach the destination point.
Ex : Angle of elevation differs based on the value of the variable speed.
Help me guys.Thanks in advance.

---Rajesh---

Is the starting elevation the same as the ending elevation?

Assuming that you don't care about air resistance or the rotation of the earth you can use the range equation. I probably wont get it right of the top of my head so I am not going to try, a quick google search should find it.

If you want air resistance or need differing final and initial elevations, I can derive the equations for you and email them to you.

Quote:
Original post by rajesh msen
i know the speed it travels(its option for users to select the speed between (60 - 100)
If you want movement to be physically correct, then speed of the projectile is not a constant. Generally you would want the user to adjust the initial speed instead.

It is also the case that if the initial speed is insufficient, you won't be able to reach the target, no matter what launch angle you pick.