Sign in to follow this  
DoS_pl

Whats happen with scriptbuilder?

DoS_pl    100
Hi, I have been trying AngelScript and fallowing documentation. In doc writer suggests use scriptbuilder addon and method BuildScriptFromFile to easy compile scripts. But in my downloaded sdk (2.18.1) the scriptbuilder is incomplete. My compiler did problem so I took a look into scriptbuilder source. I can't find this method. It is mistake or this sdk version is corrupt? May official documentation is out-of-date? Thanks Jacek

slugear    100
I dunno but you don't need it to load files.
I wrote this ( WIP tutorial so I can learn angelscript :D )
http://drop.io/astutorial/asset/astutorial1-cpp
http://drop.io/astutorial/asset/test-as

WitchLord    4678
I've already responded to your question by e-mail, but I'll respond here too so everyone will know the answer:

This is an error in the documentation. I forgot to update it when I modified the CScriptBuilder to make a bit more flexible in the ways it work with #include files. The sample 'include' shows how it works now.

Here's a short snippet:

CScriptBuilder builder;
builder.StartNewModule(engine, 0);
builder.AddSectionFromFile("script.as");
builder.BuildModule();

I'll have the documentation updated for the next release.

WitchLord    4678
The SDK includes samples which are meant for teaching. In fact, the sample /samples/tutorial/ is very similar to your own tutorial.

However, be sure to let us know when the tutorial is ready. It will be great to have others provide tutorials and examples for AngelScript too. Feel free to add a link to it on the AngelScript wiki.