Visual Studio deployment

Started by
1 comment, last by Jim_Jones 14 years, 2 months ago
Hello, hope you can help. I'm writing a game in Visual Studio 2005 running on Windows XP sp3. So far it's using Ogre 1.7 and Havok 5.5.0 I compiled a release version so I could take it to my cousin's house and show it to him. --> He's running Vista <--. We've installed all the VS2005 redistributable package, sp1 and plus those security updates and all. But the thing is not running, it's saying those things about side by side (winSxS) problemo. I'm willing to make it a standalone game, I mean no need to install anything, just put the folder there and be happy. Appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Jim_Jones
But the thing is not running, it's saying those things about side by side (winSxS) problemo.
The diagnosis "the thing is not running" is not useful.

Have you entered the EXACT error message into Google?

If that doesn't give an answer then give us the exact error message. Otherwise we cannot provide useful help.

Sorry, I thought the error was pretty common.
It says the side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Indeed I googled it, and it's about the VS redistributables, which HAVE been installed and are the proper version (at least they match the versions described in the .manifest file). The VS2005 redist is properly installed. I also tried with copies of the DLL's in the .exe folder and it's still not working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement