Assimp unresolved externals errors [SOLVED]

Started by
4 comments, last by projectghost 14 years, 2 months ago
I am currently using ASSIMP for importing objs into my software rasterizer project and it builds and compiles just fine on my computer, but as soon as I run it on somebody else's it gives these unresolved externals errors and I don't know how to resolve them :S
3>assimp.lib(BaseImporter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::_String_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::erase(class std::_String_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (__imp_?erase@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE?AV?$_String_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@V32@@Z) 3>assimp.lib(BaseImporter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::_String_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::erase(class std::_String_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::_String_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (__imp_?erase@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE?AV?$_String_iterator@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@V32@0@Z) 3>assimp.lib(ColladaLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (__imp_?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) 3>assimp.lib(BVHLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (__imp_?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) 3>assimp.lib(ColladaParser.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (__imp_?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) 3>assimp.lib(XFileParser.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::locale::facet::_Register(void)" (__imp_?_Register@facet@locale@std@@QAEXXZ) 3>assimp.lib(ColladaLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<char>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@D@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@@Z) 3>assimp.lib(BVHLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<char>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@D@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@@Z) 3>assimp.lib(ColladaParser.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<char>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@D@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@@Z) 3>assimp.lib(XFileParser.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::ctype<char>::_Getcat(class std::locale::facet const * *)" (__imp_?_Getcat@?$ctype@D@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@@Z) [Edited by - projectghost on February 11, 2010 7:48:04 PM]
Advertisement
Maybe depends.exe is useful for you. It will tell you which shared libraries should be present on the target machine.
I assume you're also getting a warning about conflicting runtime libraries (something about "msvcrt")?

You need to make sure you link both assimp and your program with the same runtime library (in your project properties, under "C/C++", "Code Generation" check the "Runtime Library" option - they should be the same - preferably "Muti-threaded Debug DLL" for debug and "Multi-threaded DLL" for release).
Thank you for your input but the shared libraries were present on both machines and all both runtime libraries were the same

but thank you both for your input and the quick replies
still trying to find a solution for this problem
Is it possible that you have a mixture of debug- and release builds?

Kimmi
A complicate solution may indicate a not understood problem.

[twitter]KimKulling[/twitter]
Thx you all for your input
just wanted you let you know i fixed the problem by using the library-dll compile setting with Assimp instead of only a library

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement