Sign in to follow this  
Tct

C# Custom Control doesn't appear in toolbox

I can't seem to find an answer to an easy problem, and begining to wonder maybe my Visual Studio has a bug. Well anyways, the main idea is to create a custom control and add it to form through form designer, but the my custom control just won't show up in toolbox, no matter how I try. There are two way how to create custom control: 1. create a project Windows Forms Control Library, compile it to dll, and add it as a reference into a new Windows Forms project then it will appear in the toolbox (but this is not what I want) 2. Create custom control class inside Windows Forms project and use it... In other words my custom control is in the same project as my main project I am trying to create my custom control with that second method, but I have no idea how to make that my custom control would appear in the toolbox (cause I am not adding any reference), only then I will be able to drag it and use on my Windows Form using Form Designer... I've tried dragging custom control class on the toolbox and a little '+' appears, indicating that it's legal, but no control appear there, so can't add my custom control through form designer, of course I could edit the code and add a custom control manually, but it feels wrong. So any ideas? Thank you [Edited by - jpetrie on February 10, 2010 12:04:49 PM]

Rebuilding your project should be sufficient. Ensure that AutoToolboxPopulate is set to True in Tools→Options→Windows Form Designer (you may need to tick "Show all settings" first).

benryves> You're my Hero!!! It actually works, there are small glitches, but it works.

Thanks!!!

That option was really off, so turning it on solved my problem.