Configuration issues

Started by
2 comments, last by antimouse 14 years, 1 month ago
Hello everyone! I'm facing a problem with my OpenGL sofware. I developed a software using Qt and OpenGL, and it works. I tested it on more than 5 different computers, with Windows XP, XP 64, Vista and Windows 7. It worked fine in all of them. However, I got this notebook recently formatted and I was trying to configure it for using my software. I installed the Visual C++ Redistributable and put all the DLLs necessary in the same folder as the executable. Even so, the OpenGL contexts in my Qt interface continues to show a white image. I tried a earlier version of my program, without Qt, and it showed me the same white image. It should display the image captured from a webcam. I'm using textures, but I don't see how it can be a code problem, once it worked in a lot of different computers. I tried a different OpenGL application, not related to mine, in this notebook and it worked, so I guess it's not an OpenGL problem exclusively. Do you guys have any idea of what I may have forgot? I'm out of clues here. Thank you! UPDATE: I forgot to tell you that the notebook is installed with Windows Vista Business Edition.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by antimouse
Do you guys have any idea of what I may have forgot? I'm out of clues here.
There are dozens of potential issues, so help us narrow it down a bit: what graphics card (vendor and model) does the notebook have, and what OpenGL version is your application using (i.e. the result of glGetString(GL_VERSION))?

I would also recommend that you run your program with GLIntercept, and see if it shows any OpenGL errors.

Among likely possibilities, if this notebook uses an older/integrated GPU, it might be missing support for non-power-of-2 textures, or if OpenGL drivers are missing, it might be falling back to Microsoft's software OpenGL implementation.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Thanks for your reply, swiftcoder.

The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 and it shows up in the device manager like this:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

What does this microsoft thing mean? I googled about WDDM, but I didn't understand it well. Does it mean that I'm using some generic Windows driver?

The OpenGL version that I'm using is 2.1.2.

I'll try the GLIntercept software and put the results here later.
Thanks!
Sorry, I forgot to come back here to tell. The problem was indeed the graphics card drivers. I downloaded the NVIDIA official drivers and it worked. I didn't even use the GLIntercept.

Thanks all!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement