Pro Edit 6

Started by
5 comments, last by ChrisE 24 years, 4 months ago
Looks great, just what we are after!!!
Sorry about the lots of asks.

I presume you will be adding XYZ locks & grid snap settings?

Would it also be possible to have
1 - The current entity flashing or drawn with its bounding box (wireframe) when selected.
2 - Mouse selection of entities.
In the Scene Editor, the option to set the entity user_data.
3 - The option to clone the Current Selected Entity?
4 - Does this also support the HIT object system when loading objects, as in the land demo?
5 - A Light on/off switch in the settings, which switches off the Main Directional Light you have, which illuminates the whole scene (usefull when creating a level that is to be totally lit using RGB methods.

Also liked the replace segment function, very handy.

Is the Source for this to be released when finished? If so I could add any extra stuff later that I may think necessary, but would not necessarily be usefull to other people.

Cheers
Darrin

PS Keep up the good work

Advertisement
Chris ..
What does the replace segment with sprite exactly do ?

regards,
Nat

~~~º¥º -
Hi Nat,
Not Chris, but I should be able to explain it.
In 3D Studio, it can be quite convenient to place a segment where you want a light. Then you can actually replace that light segment with a sprite that represents a lense flare etc.

ie create a car and create 2 segments in front of the headlights called light1 & light2 then load the object & a Flare Texture into EditPro & replace the light1 & light2 meshes with the flare texture. If the flare material is set as PR_LIGHTMAP_ADD then you have a resultant pro file with flares where the headlights are.

Cheers
Darrin

I will be releasing the source for PRO Edit but first I'll need to prepare the new libraries. It is currently using new 3D Now optimized libraries and there are some bugs fixed in the character animation system.

When I get these ready I'll make it all available to registered users.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
Thanks Chris,
That sounds excellent. I am currently awaiting my Max3 upgrade, so I should be able to try out the new Character Studio Support. (Looks good from what I have seen)

Cheers
Darrin

There is a new version of PRO Edit. This one adds the capability of loading multiple objects. Loading and saving the scene info isn't done yet.

I've also fixed up the detail wizard and a number of other things.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
The copy to local does not work Chris
I clicked on copy to local and then transfered it to another machine .. but it keeps looking for the absolute path ...
Please fix this Chris ...

~~~º¥º -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement