• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
slinkkkk

OpenGL Freetype wont compile

This topic is 3054 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi .. i m trying to make a 2d game with OpenGL .. im current using Codegear borland c++ builder as my c++ compiler... i want to draw on the screen the "life" , "mana" and ect .. but openGL does not have a command to do that ..so i start looking for solutions .. then i found a good one .. the Freetype .. i downloaded the "setup.exe" version from the official freetype website...then i installed it on my "c:/program and files" .. i went to my compiler and configured it to use the freetype include path .. and the lib path .. but when i try to compile the program i receive the following errors .. [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Init_FreeType' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_New_Face' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Set_Char_Size' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Get_Char_Index' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Load_Glyph' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ and ect... I tried everything i could imagine .. i tried putting the includes and the libs everywhere .. but it always give me this error .... Please .. im stucked in this problem .. i apreciet any help ^^

Advertisement
It's a linker error which means you set up the header files correctly (the linker can't link if the compiler didn't compile successfully)

2 things to check:

1) Did you set up the library paths correctly
2) Did you add the correct libraries in the project setting

You need both the paths and the library names.

-me

the path to the lib .. i m sure i have specified correctly .. but i didnt add it to my project .. how can i add libs to the project on codegear borland c++ builder 2009 ???

the path to the lib .. i m sure i have specified correctly .. but i didnt add it to my project .. how can i add libs to the project on codegear borland c++ builder 2009 ???

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!