Freetype wont compile

Started by
4 comments, last by slinkkkk 14 years, 2 months ago
hi .. i m trying to make a 2d game with OpenGL .. im current using Codegear borland c++ builder as my c++ compiler... i want to draw on the screen the "life" , "mana" and ect .. but openGL does not have a command to do that ..so i start looking for solutions .. then i found a good one .. the Freetype .. i downloaded the "setup.exe" version from the official freetype website...then i installed it on my "c:/program and files" .. i went to my compiler and configured it to use the freetype include path .. and the lib path .. but when i try to compile the program i receive the following errors .. [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Init_FreeType' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_New_Face' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Set_Char_Size' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Get_Char_Index' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_FT_Load_Glyph' referenced from D:\PROJETOS RAD STUDIO\DEBUG\OPENGL2D.OBJ and ect... I tried everything i could imagine .. i tried putting the includes and the libs everywhere .. but it always give me this error .... Please .. im stucked in this problem .. i apreciet any help ^^
Advertisement
Have you linked the libraries in correct order?
It's a linker error which means you set up the header files correctly (the linker can't link if the compiler didn't compile successfully)

2 things to check:

1) Did you set up the library paths correctly
2) Did you add the correct libraries in the project setting

You need both the paths and the library names.

-me
the path to the lib .. i m sure i have specified correctly .. but i didnt add it to my project .. how can i add libs to the project on codegear borland c++ builder 2009 ???
the path to the lib .. i m sure i have specified correctly .. but i didnt add it to my project .. how can i add libs to the project on codegear borland c++ builder 2009 ???
Thx Palidine !!! .. i solved the problem .. by adding the freetype-bcc.lib to my project !!^^ .. thx alot man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement