CUDA help!

Started by
4 comments, last by parmar 14 years, 2 months ago
First off, I'm not sure where CUDA questions should go.. but since I'm using OpenGL I found it somewhat fitting. Anyway, I'm just now getting into CUDA and after downloading the driver, examples, and not being able to run them... I'm completely lost. I've searched online too on help but all I find are cuda code but not how to set it up in the main program.. Maybe I'm not understanding it properly. Could someone point me in the right direction? Preferably one with code on the device side and the host side, setting it up and such. Thanks!
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
I believe the CUDA sdk comes with a bunch of starter examples and starters guide. did you check those?

------------------------------

redwoodpixel.com

Maybe I didn't download the right ones... The Examples folder I downloaded only seemed to have .cu files in the solutions which completely threw me off guard. Are there other examples with the .cpp files?
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
You can open the .cu files and should find that they are just like .cpp files.
I don't know... saw some empty function that u guess took parameters and thing like funtion <<< , >>>
You can download Cuda SDK from the nVidia Site.You will get some
sample example in project folder,that conatins the solution file.
Simply you have to run ,but you have to make sure that your card
is supporting Cuda or not,Even if it is not supporting you can
run some basic sample.Just pass the 0(means default device) in SetCudaDevice()
in Cpp file you will get the output.after that u can debug n check how the
flow is going.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement