Sign in to follow this  
tanya9x

Game programming with Visual C++, MFC and TCP, UDP and Socket API

Hello everyone, I have to do programming to make a small, straightforward game operating over a LAN network. I think I should use Visual C++ and MFC libraries from Microsoft, because it's easy to learn and use. Dealing with some network programming concepts such as TCP, UDP and some Socket API is also essential. I have no background in gaming and network programming. So, I face some difficulties. Can you please give me some simple sample games source codes such as hangman, bingo, puzzle etc., with or without networking, for me to get familiar with. I appreciate projects built with MS Visual C++ 2005/2008. But any advices are invaluable! Thank you for any help. Tanya - tanya9x@gmail.com

If you google for "mfc game code," "mfc network sample code," "bingo source code" or something similar, you'll find lots of examples to start out with. There are also mfc examples in the SDK for internet interfacing.

Start out with some simple mfc game example until you're comfortable working with MFC. Then, perhaps, try some very simple internet or network samples to get an understanding of those principles.

Then you can give a try at integrating the game with networking.