• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LotusExigeS1

SlimDX - Mesh.Simplify and Progressive Meshes

This topic is 3051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can someone confirm if either simplify or progressive meshes work in SlimDX. I know they probably do but the calls take very few parameters but they fail everytime (no matter what I pass). Is there something I need to know/change about the 'source' mesh before calling either ? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
"Fail" isn't an problem description, unfortunately. What do they return/throw? Does the debug DX runtime report anything?

You are right, when I say 'fail' I mean crash my app. I dont know how to get any more info out of directx. If you tell me I will do it. The only error reported is 'invalid call' everytime -

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)

at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

at SlimDX.Direct3D9.ProgressiveMesh..ctor(Mesh mesh, Int32 minimumValue, MeshSimplification options)

at WindowsApplication1.clsGame3.LoadContent(Boolean pDeviceReset) in C:\Source\SlimDX\Simple\Simple\Game 3\clsGame3Main.vb:line 762

And this is the call I make -

Dim pm As New ProgressiveMesh(cGeometry, 1, MeshSimplification.Vertex)

cGeometry has position, normal, texture coord, tangent and birnormal for its vertex declaration.

Does this help ?

i am running the debug version and have installed the debugview. I am getting a load of warnings/output for other stuff (not related), but my simplify and progressive mesh calls dont produce any output. Just the invalid call errors.

Any ideas ?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!