SlimDX - Mesh.Simplify and Progressive Meshes

Started by
5 comments, last by LotusExigeS1 14 years, 2 months ago
Can someone confirm if either simplify or progressive meshes work in SlimDX. I know they probably do but the calls take very few parameters but they fail everytime (no matter what I pass). Is there something I need to know/change about the 'source' mesh before calling either ? Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
"Fail" isn't an problem description, unfortunately. What do they return/throw? Does the debug DX runtime report anything?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
You are right, when I say 'fail' I mean crash my app. I dont know how to get any more info out of directx. If you tell me I will do it. The only error reported is 'invalid call' everytime -

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL: Invalid call (-2005530516)

at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)

at SlimDX.Direct3D9.ProgressiveMesh..ctor(Mesh mesh, Int32 minimumValue, MeshSimplification options)

at WindowsApplication1.clsGame3.LoadContent(Boolean pDeviceReset) in C:\Source\SlimDX\Simple\Simple\Game 3\clsGame3Main.vb:line 762

Check out this document.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
And this is the call I make -

Dim pm As New ProgressiveMesh(cGeometry, 1, MeshSimplification.Vertex)

cGeometry has position, normal, texture coord, tangent and birnormal for its vertex declaration.

Does this help ?
i am running the debug version and have installed the debugview. I am getting a load of warnings/output for other stuff (not related), but my simplify and progressive mesh calls dont produce any output. Just the invalid call errors.

Any ideas ?

SOLVED - You have to 'clean' the mesh first before calling either.

Thanks for your tips on debugging though, very usefull.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement