C++ 3D RPG Tutorial

Started by
1 comment, last by Buckeye 14 years, 2 months ago
Anyone know of a C++ 3D RPG tutorial? Hopefully in DirectX but openGL works too. I've followed some DirectX tutorials and made a 2d pong and 3d tetris game and understand the physics/AI/graphics behind it. However I'm not sure how to get some simple terrain and an animated 3d character walking around. These might be getting into some advanced animation and physics topics and possibly wont be a simple tutorial explaining all of these things. Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
There's these openGL video tutorials that are really good. Video Tutorials
The DirectX SDK has examples for static mesh display (your terrain will probably not be animated) and character animation. In addition, for DirectX, this site has good download code for loading and displaying animated x-files. That'll get you going on the 3D characters.

Note: The download mentioned above has some example x-files, but you'll need a modeling application capable of exporting animation x-files to create your own animated models.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement