• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Configuring Folders and Files for Multi Project Solution VC++

This topic is 2896 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm setting up plugins for my engine and I'm looking at this and thinking it's a bit messy?? I guess the first issue I'm having is with Exporting and Importing Members of a DLL. My second problem is configuring the project to accommodate the multi-project solution in both debug and release. My issues with Exporting/Importing revolve around the whole decoration issue. I would like to abstract the plugin system from the compiler used. MSDN says to drop name decoration use extern "C" but that as a consequence polymorphism is voided! I really don't want any of the situations presented. I don't see this as too much of a problem as I am exporting a few functions which have been inherited from a client interface(dynamic.) I will not be exporting data members and well a class is not technically exported just all of it's members, yus??? o-o As for the solution configuration the folders are all over the place and they will probably change as the project nears completion.... <=== ROFLMAO I'm not even quite sure if I understand how to debug a solution which contains multiple projects/DLLs?? As it stands I'm releasing the DLLs and putting them in the DLL folder which is located in the root solution folder named after the engine.. I see this Engine/DLL/plug.dll as appropriate as afterward I can simply change the root to the name of a game and clean build the whole solution.... ....as the project nears completion.... <=== ROFLMAO

Advertisement
Do I even need to load the inherited methods? Are they accessible once the pointer has been returned?

Quote:
Original post by Buttacup
Do I even need to load the inherited methods? Are they accessible once the pointer has been returned?

Would this work?

HRESULT RAMDAC::SetLayout(ID3D10Device1* pd3dDevice)
{
HRESULT hr = S_OK;;

IBuffer* Buffer;

HINSTANCE hdll = NULL;
typedef void (*pLoadBuffer)(IBuffer**);
pLoadBuffer LoadBuffer;

string Plug = PATH + string(DFX);
hdll = LoadLibrary(Plug.c_str());
LoadBuffer = (pLoadBuffer)(GetProcAddress( hdll, "LoadBuffer" ));
LoadBuffer(&Buffer);

Buffer->SetUseage(useage);

can't try atm.......