• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Direct3D 11 Rendering Problems

This topic is 2930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I start to move form DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 (Using feature level 10.1). I try to render a simple rotating cube, but my output looks relay crazy. When I debug the application using PIX, it looks like the shader code would be ok. What could be a reason for the crazy output in the viewport-Window? I could post some code, but that are more than 1500 lines and I don't know where to problem could be. Does somebody has an idea, what I can try to solve this problem? PS: I can give you more information, when you say me what you need [Edited by - Fox32 on February 14, 2010 8:26:33 AM]

Advertisement
Might be face culling. Try zooming the camera out, and turn off face-culling. Perhaps some of your triangles are facing inwards and some outwards from the cube.

Back face culling is already deactivated. If I move the camera the "cube" just get streched.

-> How do you set up your matrices and viewport?

I found the problem: I forgot to create the transpose of my WorldViewProjection Matrix. Now it looks like a real rotating cube.

Thank you for you help!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement