Direct3D 11 Rendering Problems

Started by
4 comments, last by Fox32 14 years, 2 months ago
I start to move form DirectX 9 to DirectX 11 (Using feature level 10.1). I try to render a simple rotating cube, but my output looks relay crazy. When I debug the application using PIX, it looks like the shader code would be ok. What could be a reason for the crazy output in the viewport-Window? I could post some code, but that are more than 1500 lines and I don't know where to problem could be. Does somebody has an idea, what I can try to solve this problem? PS: I can give you more information, when you say me what you need [Edited by - Fox32 on February 14, 2010 8:26:33 AM]
Advertisement
Might be face culling. Try zooming the camera out, and turn off face-culling. Perhaps some of your triangles are facing inwards and some outwards from the cube.
Back face culling is already deactivated. If I move the camera the "cube" just get streched.

How do you set up your matrices and viewport?
Looks like a viewport setup issue to me.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

-> How do you set up your matrices and viewport?

I found the problem: I forgot to create the transpose of my WorldViewProjection Matrix. Now it looks like a real rotating cube.

Thank you for you help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement