Possible: D3D10 + Sprites + fonts ?!

Started by
2 comments, last by dacredens 14 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I've been running into an annoyance when combining font rendering calls with sprite batch rendering during my rendering sequence. I'm using d3d10 and I've verified that my rendering of fonts and sprites actually produces results that i can see (and expect) the problem is combining them .. if i render text and then a sprite, only the text is visible. it looks like the state of my d3d10 device is being messed up after rendering text is there something i need to do to prevent this? or is this caused by something I've overlooked? thanks
Advertisement
I think i recall having this issue in dx9...

When you render the text, does the code for that reside within the same render pass as the image rendering code?
hi,
yeah it's all happening within the same render loop and the calls to font and sprite render are virtually right next to each other. I'm just trying to set up a basic ui for my application.

Something has just come to mind; do I need to have a shader bound to the device when rendering sprites/font text in d3d10? In d3d9 I'm able to render directly to the render target, but d3d10 seems to be highly 'shader centric' which is why I ask.
no ideas? have I posted in the wrong section?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement