HELP, Borland C++ compiler 5.5 won´t start

Started by
5 comments, last by Doc_Holiday 22 years, 8 months ago
Well I downloaded this compiler but i dont have a clue were to write my source code usw. can someone help me. I only know those Visual compilers and have never seen such one (its a commandline tool) Thx Doc
Advertisement
You write the .c and .cpp files in notepad (or some better text editor or IDE) then do something along the lines of "bcc32 c:\abc\myfile.cpp" at the command line. By typing "bcc32" in a command prompt you can see a list of switches and options (you can do "bcc32 > out.txt" and they will be dumped into out.txt). The help files (.hlp) also have information for you.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
If you need an editor for your program files, there are a couple of free ones that can at least do syntax highlighting. One of them that I''ve used before for writing Java apps for school was TextPad. With it you could even set it up so that it would run the compiler for you.

J.W.
Thx were can I get it?

Take care Doc
you might want to try the V IDE - has special stuff for Borland.
Don''t remember the URL. It''s in my links (rsn.gamedev.net), or it''ll come somewhere near the top of google if you type "vide"

even if not, go there anyway. They have better notes on setting up bcc32 than Borland does

good luck

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
Was there, many thx now I`am much more informed
Another good option is Programmer''s File Editor available at
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/

It lets you set up your own help files on the menu and easy looks up information. You can download them from Borland including one pretty big about Win32 API with some OpenGL. If you have this one as the default help file do you onle have to press Ctrl+F1 and information about the function that the prompt is on is displayed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement