Report Progress

Started by
24 comments, last by rip-off 14 years ago
Hi everyone, the contest end date is March 17th which is approximately one month from now. Everyone who is participating in the contest, please post here so that we can have an idea of how many contestants there are. Also, it is probable that due to the small size of the contest and small number of contestants, the only judging made will be that of the community so when it happens, be fair!
Advertisement
Hi greetings to all the contestants!

I've been away for quite a while and didn't know UFEC was going on until today! It's just one month away from deadline. How I wished i have spotted this last October.

Anyway I had a game in mind the minute i saw the four elements. I won't have time to make a full game but still i'll try my best to complete a simple one before the deadline.

Good luck to everyone and may the best game win :)
Hey fang, the same thing happened to me back during Four Elements V !

I noticed the Four Elements contest in November 1st and the contest ended 31rd. I made a simple game, I worked one hour per day and in the end, I took 18th place out of 24. It could have been more if I had an artist and a musician.

So nothing is yet lost.
I am afraid that real life is (once again) interfering with my progress. Likely not going to have a full entry by the time the deadline rolls around.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I intend to finish my entry in the allocated time.
Perhaps we can extend the deadline a bit for those who can't complete their games in time,or better yet - for those who are wondering whether entering at this stage is worth it.
After all,it would make no good to anyone,if at the final there are no games at all.
I'm hopefully finishing in time. However I have to reduce requirements a bit. Because of missing g++ compiler on windows, I think I have to skip the Windows port if I do not manage to get Cycle running during this weekend. Also the Maemo port has to be skipped...
It's ok for me, if judging is done by community.
Thanks Lesan, I'll sure do my best to add a new entry.

On the deadline postponing, I'm sure there are contestants who have been mostly on schedule, so extending the deadline won't be fair for them. Although I myself can use more time, not changing the deadline certainly won't prevent me from putting an entry on the list (albeit an ugly one). I guess maybe we can decide on a secondary deadline (sth like April 15 ... tax?:) so newcomers still have two months to work, and those who finish before the original deadline will get a bonus. Of course those who make the original deadline can still improve after it, exchanging the deadline bonus for a better game.

I'm in crunch mode, so its about a 50/50 chance of an entry being ready on time. I just wish I had gotten started sooner, which would have made this much easier :) In total I think I wasted almost two months forming an idea, which is costly.
Real life has gotten in the way for me. To busy finishing up some really important stuff (Master Thesis). I will try and see if I can judge some games though!
I hope to have an entry ready. Some details are in my journal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement