Blowing up video drivers part 2.

Started by
0 comments, last by Jason Z 14 years, 2 months ago
Ok here is the error. D3D10: ERROR: ID3D10Device::Flush: Device removal has been triggered for the following reason (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: The Device took an unreasonable amount of time to execute its commands, or the hardware crashed/hung. As a result, the TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) mechanism has been triggered. The current Device Context was executing commands when the hang occurred. The application may want to respawn and fallback to less aggressive use of the display hardware). [ EXECUTION ERROR#378:DEVICE_REMOVAL_PROCESS_AT_FAULT ] This might happen one run out of 20 or so. The shader I'm using is not terribly complicated. At some random point within the app, the display drivers crash, and this error is hit. Again, after it is hit the first time, it happens almost immediately after I restart my program (instead of talking 20-60, it crashes in less than a second). Anyone have any ideas how to troublshoot this? Thanks, Matthew
Advertisement
A while back I ran into the same thing with my D3D11 compute shaders. I posted about it in my journal, and got a couple of good suggestions in the comments if you are interested in taking a look. Here is the post.

A word of warning though - with the testing technique used, I hard locked my system and had to manually power down the machine. After that, I had to replace my hard drive :(

Overall, I attributed the driver lockup to using premature D3D11 drivers on my 8600M laptop GPU.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement