A strange debugger problem...

Started by
4 comments, last by Dolphin 22 years, 8 months ago
I have a really strange problem while debugging ANY code which is using OpenGL (I use opengl in a window). I think the problem is the function call to ChoosePixelFormat. After the function gets called the debbugger only shows the disassembled code, it is impossible for me to switch back to the source code view. Does someone has an idea how I can switch back to the source code view or better, how i can prevent the debugger from switching to the disassebled code view? THX for your help! Edited by - Dolphin on August 1, 2001 6:23:47 PM
Advertisement
If you''re using MVC++ Intro edition... get used to it. It''s debugger sucks badly. I use MVC++
intro constantly, and have found ways to debug stuff without using MVC++''s debugger.... Its sorta
fun actually. You really learn to not get used to any compiler''s debugger, and work out problems
by yourself.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
OpenGL Game Programming Tutorials
I use VC++ 6.0 Professional with Service Pack 5 + Processor Pack under Windows2000. - I know how to use the debugger and how to switch the two views, but after that call to ChoosePixelFormat it doesnt work anymore, i can only view the disassembled code.
Has someone the same problem or a solution for me? The problem occurs on some other function calls too, like SetPixelFormat. I never had this problem before on other function calls which are used in non-OpenGL code.
At the moment the only thing I can do is to write the information I want to know to a file or write it in the window somewhere. I dont like this.

when looking into SetPixelFormat(..) or any other opengl call u wont be able to see the actual c code the graphics driver writers aint gonna be to happen if u could.
I dont want to look into the Code of the SetPixelFormat function, all I want is too trace through my C++ Code with the debugger, but after the Function gets called i only see the disassembled code of my program. I cannot any longer step through my C++ Code. The debbuger dont stop on breakpoints, too, after the function gets called.
Maybe I should reinstall VC++ and hope that it will work then. I tried to debug my code on another computer and there were no problems. Or it is a problem with the video driver.

I will solve this problem one day! Hope it wont take all my life.
Finally i did it! - After reinstalling VC++ with different "Service"packs (or call it Bugfixes), installing the debugging symbols for Windows2000 and some other tries, i found out that all my problems where coming from my video driver. After replacing the Asus driver with a NVidia reference driver I can debug my code with the VC++ debugger even after those function calls and everything is working as it should be

Ha, I''m best! (no comments on this please )

THX for your help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement