Sign in to follow this  
shootstar

Source Code Request: Programming Directx in 21 Days

A couple of months back, I bought the book "Sam's Teach Yourself Game Programming with Directx in 21 days" used at my local half-priced bookstore. I didn't crack it open until recently though. I was doing fine with just the book up until last week when I made it to Week 2 in the book. I had to use the CD to put a ".map" file in my programs directory. Normally, this would be fine and well, but when I went to open the CD for the first time, I found that the CD was covered with scratched. When I went to put it into my laptop, it wouldn't even recognize it! I contacted the author via e-mail, but he hasn't replied to me, and I can't find a site that has the code online. Can anybody here send me the source code for this book, or at least direct me to a site where I can download? This book was pretty expensive, even at half priced, so I don't wont to have buy it again.

It's illegal to redistribute the source code to the book I'm afraid; you could try the books publisher if the author doesn't get back to you. Failing that, you could always get the CD resurfaced (Which is usually £1 or £2, whatever that translates to in your currency), which usually fixes all but the deepest scratches.