DelphiX Port To D6

Started by
7 comments, last by BanDiT_ 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello, A group of my friends and I have recently completed a working port to Delphi 6. I know it works with the Enterprise version of Delphi 6. My friends and I have worked all day completing this. The ASM syntax has been changed and marked in the source. Also, we have made it require a couple packages in order to compile. Please email and bugs you may find in the code. Source Download: http://www.gamehacking.nu/DelphiX_D6.zip -BanDiT Thanks, Ronny - ASM Syntax Help Disk2 - Packaging Help
Advertisement
What do you mean "I know it works with the Enterprise version of Delphi 6."?

Do you mean that the original DelphiX is already compatiable with D6 Enterprise without any source code modification?

Simon.
A guy who love game programming in Delphi.
Hi,

I''ve tried this fix in Delphi 6 Professional and it did work. So now we can say it works on Delphi 6 Enterprise and Professional.

--
Tiago Correia
-- Tiago Correia
dumb ! just dumb !
if you''d be a BIT into turbo or this forum
you''d know that there is allready a how-to-update-delphix-to-work-with-d6-tutorial-thingie ...

not that i would ever use delphix but please open your eyes when surfing the world
oh and by the way
you are not allowed to publish a modifacated delphix version
When I use TDXDraw I get these errors
---
[Error] DirectX.pas(172): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(174): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(179): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(181): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(195): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(525): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Error] DirectX.pas(527): Type ''IDirectDrawSurface'' needs finalization - not allowed in variant record
[Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): Could not compile used unit ''DirectX.pas''
---
Does anyone know why this can be??
Its really a shame, cause I want to get on going with making demos (Anyways, I want to get started with making something graphical, hehe)

/FreeAll

/FreeAll
/FreeAll
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
dumb ! just dumb !
if you'd be a BIT into turbo or this forum
you'd know that there is allready a how-to-update-delphix-to-work-with-d6-tutorial-thingie ...

Erm.. I tried looking for it... here in the forum and on turbo's site and found nothing. Could you tell me where I might find the tutorial you mentioned ?

TIA,
Marco Cunha

Edited by - CodeWiz on August 22, 2001 10:57:41 AM
Marco CunhaCodeWiz of IgnoCorp
http://turbo.gamedev.net/delphixd6.asp

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
The site content, links lists, articles, etc are sorely in need of updating.

I didn''t realize that there wasn''t a link to the DelphiX in D6 tutorial

Sounds like something fun to do this weekend...

[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]
[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement